Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend tackling a 70.3 this far from/close to IMWI as it means Mike is going to be facing almost a full year of intense training (not counting the prep work) with little recovery time after the 70.3. Given his injury history though, it made a lot of sense in that it: 1) allowed for a slower buildup than we might have used for IMWI standing alone and 2) it really allowed us to test whether his feet would hold up to 9 workouts/week.
Mike has done the hard work, the plan is in place, now all he has to do is go out and enjoy race day. Ang O. is also competing in the sprint distance race on Saturday. Good luck Mike and Ang!
Friday, April 9, 2010
At Tri For It! Coaching we realize a lot of athletes would like some assistance achieving their goals but don't want the full panacea of coaching services. For those athletes we've developed the Tri It Package. For $275 you get:
- Initial 1 hour Consultation;
- 10-14 week custom training plan and nutritional guidelines;
- Basic Training Peaks online training log account (upgrade to Premium account available for $10/month);
- Follow up 1/2 hour meeting to review plan;
- Up to 2 hours of additional calls, emails or meetings with training/racing related questions;