Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Post Ironman Reflections

If you spend enough time on the local triathlon circuit, you start meeting people who have done 2, 5, 7 or more Ironman races.  I used to think these people were a special kind of crazy.  I now think these are my people.

Earlier this month I completed my second Ironman in as many years.  It was sooner than I expected, but when one of my best friends signed up I agreed to join him.

Ten days post race, I am already planning my next one.  Granted it won't be until 2013, but I will go back to Ironman.

As you can see from the time on the clock, I'm not particularly fast.  My body wasn't really designed for long races like this.  For that, I love the challenge even more.

For now, it's time for me to focus on family and coaching.  I'll have to get my Ironman fix through the athletes I coach.  Will you be next?  Don't answer too quickly.  This sport has a way of getting into your blood.  One day you may find yourself in cool water with 2500 of your fellow crazies.

No comments:

Post a Comment